During the period from 19 April 2015 until 25 April 2015, the University of Malta professors’ delegation had paid a visit to several scientific institutions and universities of Russian Federation in order to exchange experience within the leading research fields and straighten the international science bounds between the two countries.
The visit was coordinated and organised by the Office of the Honorary Representative of CCIR in the Republic of Malta. The list of visited institutions includes the following:
- MIIT (Moscow State University of Railway Engineering)
- Gubkin Russian State Oil & Gas University
- Skolkovo scientific innovation centre
The delegation consisted of the following members of University of Malta:
- Prof. Ernest Cachia (Dean, Faculty of ICT and Head of the Department of Computer Information Systems);
- Prof. Charles Sammut (Dean, Faculty of Science and Head of the Department of Physics);
- Dr Andrew Sammut (Deputy Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Head of the Department of Electronic Systems Engineering).
The purpose of the visit led to the series of meetings and discussions upon the leading research fields, such as computer systems and technology, natural sciences and engineering. During the time spend, UoM representatives have visited various objects and discussed some interesting projects of the Skolkovo innovation centre.
As the result of the visit, an MOU Agreements were signed between the University of Malta and all three visited scientific institutions. Number of agreements achieved with Skolkovo innovation centre fostering the cooperation and giving opportunities for the student of UoM to take part in the developing science programmes. In addition, first preparations were done for the upcoming visit of the Rector of the University of Malta to Russia.